DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
Roles and Responsibilities:
Management of Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Week “BREW”, a 2-day conference on entrepreneurship
- Serve as the primary point of contact for BREW
- Work with the Executive Director to secure and manage expectations of sponsors and partners.
- Evaluate and secure the venues and necessary subcontractors.
- Coordinate “BREW Krewe” meetings and solicit input from our stakeholders, which include entrepreneurs, universities, investors, service providers, and support organizations.
- Work with the BREW Krewe to secure speakers and exhibitors, and design and coordinate content sessions and convening opportunities.
- Work with the Marketing Department to design and implement a marketing campaign, including print and online promotional materials, with the goal of increasing attendance from prior years.
- Secure and implement a registration software system.
- Manage staff and volunteers for event set up, tear down, check-in, and follow-ups
- Build and adhere to a budget to avoid project overruns.
Management of the Bayou Classic BizTech Challenge Program, a tech-based business competition program for HBCU students in Louisiana and surrounding states
- Work with the Executive Director to secure sponsors and partners.
- Work with the Marketing Department to design and implement a marketing campaign, including print and online promotional materials, with the goal to recruit student participants from the 17 target schools, as well as faculty coaches and corporate partners/sponsors.
- Utilize staff members and industry professionals to coordinate business and entrepreneurial education and resources, including webinars, for participating students.
- Secure industry professionals to provide mentorship and guidance to participating students.
- Manage an online platform for students to register for the program, receive communications from NexusLA staff, mentors and judges.
- Secure outside judges and manage the online judging process for the first round, in order to choose five teams to participate in the final pitch event.
- Manage the programmatic aspects of the pitch event, including communications and travel arrangements with student participants and sponsors, securing judges for the event, designing agenda, securing speakers, and distributing cash prizes.
- Communicate needs to NOCCI, Inc. who is handling venue logistics for the pitch event.
Coordination and assistance with other events
- Help our staff coordinate other programs hosted by the Research Park Corporation family of companies, which includes NexusLA, Louisiana Technology Park and Innovation Catalyst. Such programs may include Tech Park Academy, Pitch BR, Peerspectives, Girls Gigabytes & Gadgets, and LA Tech Park’s K-12 STEM summer camps. Duties may be similar to those listed above for BREW and the BizTech Challenge.
Represent the Research Park Corporation
- Represent the Research Park Corporation family of companies at trade shows and other events hosted by third parties.
- Attend community events to network and identify potential opportunities.
Metrics / Reporting
- Attend staff meetings and report on program status.
- Maintain impact metrics for each program managed, including attendee numbers and outcomes.
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or a related field
Experience managing events
Candidate must possess:
- Ability to attend and manage events that may fall outside of normal (8-5) working hours
- Great attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong execution capability and ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to develop and maintain a basic event budget
- Professional dress and demeanor with ability to convey information effectively
- Energetic and positive outlook
- Ability to quickly build relationships with stakeholders, partners, vendors, and sponsors and maintain trust throughout the engagement
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Stephen Loy at email@example.com.